Significance of Brinda Vana:
- [“BRINDA’ – Group, “VANAM” – Garden]
- Medicinal : All these plants are used in ayurvedic preperations. Even the dried plant is used in Yagnas and homas.
- Spiritual : Signified Devotion – modestly it gives itself without seeking for anything in return.
Only two varieties of Tulsi are very much popular, but there are few more other varieties.
- All the Tulsi varieties in general posses the following qualities:
– Relieves from STRESS.
– Purifies air( ANTI-POLLUTANT).
– Gives out oxygen 24 hours.
– Cures skin diseases.
– Good for hair.
– Good for teeth and digestion too.
|S NO||Botanical Name||Common Name|
|1||Ocimum sanctum||Krishna Tulsi|
|2||Ocimum gratissimum||Rama Tulsi, Nimma tulsi|
|3||Ocimum tenuiflorum||Vishnu Tulasi|
|4||Ocimum kilimandscharicum||Karpura Tulsi|
|5||Ocimum basilicum||Vibhudhi/Bhoo Tulsi, Kamakasturi, Rudra-jada, Sabja|
|6||Ocimum americanum||Vana/Aranya Tulsi, Kuppa/Kukka tulsi|
Ocimum kilimandscharicum – Camphor basil:
- Parts used – Leaves
- Uses – Cough, Bronchitis, Catarrh (inflammation of mucus membrane), Halitosis (offensive odour of the breath), Bacterial & viral infections, Foul ulcers, Wounds, Anorexia (loss of appetite for food), Opthalmapathy (any disease of eye).