Significance of Saraswati Vana:
- Godess Saraswati as everyone is aware of the Queen of knowledge. Everyones speech is due to her blessings only. She is created by Lord Brahma and is his wife too.
- All the plants mentioned here are her favourite ones.
- The presence of them automatically drives away suffering & ignorance and brings forth happiness and knowledge.
- These plants are a must to be present in every locality to bring back the past glory.
Nymphaea – Water lily:
- Parts used – root ,leaves
- Uses – Dysentery, Diarrhoea, Gonorrhoea, Leucorrhoea, Scrofula, Bronchial affections, Boils, Tumours,inflamed skin, Ulcers, Uterine cancer.
1. Saraswathyei Namaha Nandivardhana Pushpam Samarpayaami.
Tabernaemontana divaricata : Nandivardhanamu, East Indian Rose-Bay.
2. Bharathyei Namaha Mallika Pushpam Samarpayaami.
Jasminum sambac : Malli, Arabian Jasmine.
3. Vagdevathayei Namaha Karaveera Pushpam Samarpayaami.
Thevetia neriifolia : PachaGanneru, Yellow- Oleander.
4. Hamsaasanayei Namaha Vakula Pushpam Samarpayaami.
Mimusops elengi : Pogada, Bakul.
5. Chaturmukayei Namaha Punnaga Pushpam Samarpayaami.
Calophyllum inophyllum : Ponna, Alexandrian Laurel.
6. SakalaVidhyadhiDevathayei Namaha Kethaki Pushpam Samarpayaami.
Pandanus odoratissimus : Mogali, Ketaki.
7. Paasapusthakadharayei Namaha Jaaji Pushpam Samarpayaami.
Jasminum adenophyllum: Sanna Jaaji, BlueGrape Jasmine.
8. SakalaManjulaayei Namaha Mandhara Pushpam Samarpayaami.
Bauhinia purpurea: Deva Kanchanamu, Indian Orchid.
9. Veenaapaaniye Namaha Nilothpala Pushpam Samarpayaami.
Nymphaea nouchali : Nalla Kaluva, Blue Water Lily.